Fishing Guides and Services
In the land of 10,000 lakes there are an abundance of fish. There are also an abundance of professional fishing guides and fishing services to choose from. From Rochester to Lake of the Woods you will find a guide to help you make the most of your fishing experience. Here is a list of some of the more popular fish in the state.
Walleye and Northern Pike is May 13
Bass is May 13
Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass is May 27
Muskie is June 3
For more details go to DNR Fishing Seasons
Walleye – Minnesota’s state fish. This popular, fighting fish is found in many of our northern lakes.
Muskellunge and Northern Pike – These fish are big and a fun challenge to bring in.
Pan Fish – Plentiful and good tasting. They can be found throughout the state in most lakes.
Large and Smallmouth Bass – popular with with catch-and-release anglers.
Salmon – Three species, they can be found in the cold waters of Lake Superior.
Trout – There are four different varieties of Trout. Most trout streams are in southeastern Minnesota and along the North Shore. Southern streams have mainly browns with some rainbows and, in the cold clear headwaters, brook trout. The northern streams have mostly brook trout. Lake trout are found in Lake Superior and in many deep, cold, clean northern lakes.
- Zippel Bay Resort - Lake of the Woods
- Walleye Retreat Guide Service - Lake of the Woods
- Tofte Charters - Lake Superior
- Sportsmans Lodges - Lake of the Woods
- S & W Guide Service - Brainerd
- River Point Resort - Ely
- Rainy Lake Houseboats
- Northland Lodge - Leech Lake
- Northcountry Guide Service - Bemidji
- Meister Guide Service - Ottertail County
- Ludlows Resort Guide Service - Lake of the Woods
- Lake Osakis Guide Service
- Itasca Sports - Lake Itasca
- Garrison Sports Bait and Tackle and Launch Service
- The Driftless Fly Fishing Co - Southeast
- Early Bird Fishing Guide - Leech Lake Area
- Deer Ridge Resort - Ely Area
- Casey's Guide Service - Lake Vermilion
- Canoe Country Outfitters - Ely
- Burch’s Fishing Guide Service - Lake Mille Lacs
- Border Country Outdoor Adventures - Int'l Falls
- Arrowwood Resort Guide Service - Alexandria
- Briggs Outdoors - Winona
- Sakatah Bay Resort - Waterville
- On The Fly Fishing - Southern MN
- Nisswa Guide Service
- Adventure Sportfishing
- Basswood Trails Guide Serivce
- Bear Track Outfitting Co.
- Bro's Guide Service